Dyke House is sponsored by Northern Education Trust and is built on both staff and students having exceptionally high expectations, we concentrate on doing the simple things well, and the belief that all children can succeed. Our calm working atmosphere creates well-rounded individuals who can excel. Achievement and the life chances of children is central to our vision.
The latest OFSTED report describes Dyke House as "a good school" stating that there are many reasons why the school is successful, the most significant of which are the exceptional leadership, first rate teaching and learning and excellent care, guidance and support.
We are extremely proud of the what our students achieve, and it is through hard work, high quality teaching and learning, supporting our most vulnerable children and through collaboration that we will continue to improve.
We constantly focus on standards as we understand outcomes are paramount. Our decision making is driven entirely by what is best for children. By doing this we enhance the life chances of the children and young people in our care.
The 10 values which underpin our vision:
1. We care passionately about the education and welfare of young people
2. We believe that all young people, irrespective of background or ability will be successful in our Trust
3. We are not and will never be selective. We believe that local schools are for all children
4. We are always inclusive. Our mechanisms to support the most vulnerable child to succeed and overcome barriers to learning are a key aspect of our work
5. Our approach to education recognises that outcomes are paramount and also allows children to gain experiences and values which prepare them fully for life in modern Britain. This includes workplace skills and appropriate advice for future progression
6. We have high expectations of behaviour
7. We adopt the local authority admissions protocol and work closely with them
8. We would always wish to act in such a way that has a positive effect on a neighbouring school or community. We care passionately about children in all schools, not just our own
9. That all employees act with integrity and embrace the value that 'we are the Trust'
10. We work regionally and nationally to develop approaches to MAT improvement that influence the wider school-led system
Dyke House is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any questions regarding recruitment opportunities at Dyke House, please contact Mrs A Thompson(Business Manager).
We are currently advertising the posts listed below:-
Dyke House Sports and Technology College - a Northern Education Trust Academy are now seeking to appoint in the roles listed below across the age and ability range (11-18).
Dyke House Sports and Technology College is part of Northern Education Trust, a nationally recognised and trusted academy sponsor with vast experience of school improvement, and specialised experience in all aspects of education.
We can offer you:
- An excellent opportunity for career progression both within the Academy and the Trust.
- An ambitious leadership team with a clear vision for the Academy.
- High quality new academy building and facilities.
- Students with a desire to achieve.
We welcome applications from colleagues who wish to work as part of a team and who seek to contribute actively to the promotion of achievement throughout the academy.
Applications are available from:
They are to be completed electronically and returned by email.
Dyke House Sports and Technology College is committed to safeguarding children and young people and therefore this post is subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.