We have been designated a Sports and Technology College since 2009. This specialist status has allowed us to invest in the quality of our students learning through improved facilities, enhanced ICT provision and leadership and enrichment activities as well as specialised teaching staff. This has enabled us to expand our curriculum and broaden our extra- curricular programme to increase all our students opportunities both in Sports and Technology, which has impacted on subjects across the whole college.
Being a specialist Sports and Technology College allows us:
- To raise attainment and achievement - in Physical Education and Technology.
- To raise whole college attainment and achievement.
- To raise standards in Physical Education and Technology in our partner schools.
- To learn through Sport and Technology in the community.
- To raise attainment and achievement in literacy through the specialisms.
The sports and technology facilities provide for the needs not only of our students but also of the community. A large number of sports clubs and organisations use the college's facilities which are managed by Dyke House Sports & Technology College staff.
Our facilities include:
- High specification Technology workshops
- Apple equipped ICT suites
- Dance studio
- Recording studio
- Multi-Use Games Area
- 3G Astro Pitch
- Basketball, netball and tennis courts
We use Sport and Technology and the values they represent; determination, commitment, leadership, coaching, perseverance and teamwork to provide a learning experience that is tailor made for our students. Through Sport and Technology we deliver high quality and well-resourced lessons that enable all students to achieve above national averages in Sport and Technology.
Our partner primary schools benefit from outstanding workshops and extended schools activities. Membership of the Youth Sports Trust and The Industrial Trust provides outstanding support to ensure that attainment levels in the specialisms are increased.